This home movie captures members of the Aldredge family swimming and playing in the pool at the Historic Aldredge House in Dallas through the years. The film combines scenes that happened decades apart, with the earlier black-and-white footage occurring in the 1920s and the later color footage taking place in the 1950s or 1960s. Constructed between 1915 and 1917, the English Georgian and French Renaissance-inspired home was designed by architects Hal Thomson and Marion Fooshee. George Aldredge purchased the property and moved in with his wife, Rena, and their four children in 1921. The outdoor swimming pool was added in 1927—a rare luxury at the time. The pool has since been removed. George and Rena Aldredge were prominent members of Dallas society, with George working with the First National Bank and Texaco and Rena serving on the board of trustees of the Dallas Museum of Art. Rena Aldredge lived in the home until 1974, at which time she donated the property to the Dallas County Medical Society Alliance Foundation.