TAMI seeks a digital archives contractor to act as team lead on updating/revising/implementing metadata and digital file management as well as assessing current workflows of both physical and digital AV material. This role will report to the Managing Director and work closely with the curatorial and digital preservation teams.
- Evaluating digital asset systems (i.e., how born-digital, digitized and analog materials are managed for organization as well as looking at basic description, ingestion, storage, preservation and access policies.)
- Assisting with the creation and implementation of revised workflows for metadata creation, long-term retention assessment, and file transfer
- Analyzing and assessing current workflows for physical collection materials for mid- to-long-term storage
- Collaborating with the digital preservation contractor on digital asset storage and metadata description
- Experience working with digital collections, including experience with metadata creation and managing digital assets
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative, proactive team player
- Knowledge of metadata standards and best practices for digital AV archives
- Master’s degree in library science, information science or relevant field
- Knowledge of or interest in Texas history and culture
- Experience with Excel, Adobe Creative Suite (especially Premiere Pro), FileMaker Pro, Salesforce and Glifos
Contract: $25-28 per hour, 20 hours a week, 6 months (34 weeks); opportunities for continuance or expansion after 6 months based on performance and funding considerations
Location: Prefer candidates able to work from office at 3908 Avenue B, Ste. 105, Austin, TX 78751 (when COVID related restrictions allow for office work; TAMI follows CDC masking guidelines); will consider fully remote candidates
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com using the subject line "Digital Archives Contractor Application."