This 2000 educational film was originally produced for the Spindletop Centennial Celebration held in Beaumont. Opening with the history of the Spindletop oil discovery, this short piece goes on to promote the celebratory exhibitions that were undertaken by the Spindletop-Gladys City Boomtown Museum and the Texas Energy Museum.
The McFaddin-Ward House in Beaumont was built in 1905-06, in the Beaux-Arts Colonial Revival style. At 12,800 square feet, the oil-wealthy McFaddins lived in this grand house for nearly 75 years, before it was eventually opened to the public as a museum in 1986. With few substantive changes made to the home or its decor since 1950, much of the McFaddin-Ward House's furnishings remain intact for the public to view.
Further information on the McFaddin-Ward House and its history can be found at the house museum's website.