The Lone Star Gas Company was started in 1909 by drilling-company and well-owners, George W. Crawford and M.C. Treat. Originally a pipeline company in partnership with Corsicana Refining, it was established to carry natural gas to Dallas and East Texas. The first of a series of expansions occurred in 1927 when Lone Star Gas purchased the Dallas Gas Company. After nearly a century of mergers, acquisitions, and buyouts, the company that began as Lone Star Gas is now part of the Energy Future Holdings Corp.