This film was shot in Mercedes, Texas and shows the wife of Reverend J. de la Luz Guerrero being greeted by her six sons and then posing together as a group. All of the Guerrero sons served in the military and one had been taken as a prisoner by the Japanese.
The Texas Mexican Presbytery was established in 1908 to develop Mexican Presbyterian churches and religious education programs, particularly in southwest Texas. As it became a focus of missionary work, the presbytery established churches, placed ministers, and disbursed support funds. In addition to establishing a Spanish-speaking department at the Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary, the presbytery also founded two educational institutions: the Texas Mexican Industrial Institute for Boys (1912) and the Presbyterian School for Mexican Girls (in 1924). The Texas Mexican Presbytery initially helped to support its churches and ministers with funds from the Synod of Texas of the Presbyterian Church. By 1955, however, its churches were self-supporting, and were at that point absorbed into their geographic presbyteries.
This film comes from the Texas-Mexican Presbytery Records in the Austin Seminary Archives at the Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary. A complete finding aid to the collection is available here: http://www.austinseminary.edu/page.cfm?p=1697.