The A. P. Burks Museum on north Highway 16 in Comanche, which operated into the 1970s. The museum was privately owned, and the collection was sold
off upon the Burks's deaths. Many of the pieces had been lent to the Burkses by local families, but were sold to collectors instead of being returned to their owners. The principal remnant of
the collection was Comanche County's first courthouse,a log-cabin structure dating to 1854. It now stands on the southeast corner of the courthouse square in Comanche.